Wetsuit Snorkeling in Silfra - With transfer | Free photos
Enjoy snorkeling in wetsuit in Iceland, at one of the top dive sites in the world; Silfra. The wetsuit will cover your whole body but note that the wetsuit will not protect you entirely from the cold water in Silfra. Yet this is such an amazing experience that you simply must do this. Adventure Vikings is the only snorkeling company in Iceland that offers wetsuit snorkeling and we promise you that this is by far the best way to snorkel. You will be able to dive below the surface and see the underwater wonders. No diving licence is needed.
Snorkeling in Silfra is actually snorkeling between two continents; Europe and America. Sounds strange? Well it’s a fact. The snorkeling site is in Silfa, an exotic underwater canyon/fissure, located at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thingvellir, only about 50 km from Reykjavik. Silfra is a fissure created because of continents’ plates drift apart about 2 cm per year.
This is an unbelievable experience you won’t forget.
Silfra is known to be one of the top dive sites in the world. Silfra is a freshwater fissure where you can see at least 100 meters ahead of you as the water is so clear. The water is so pristine it feels like flying.
No diving experience is needed. We provide all the gear that you need and offer snorkeling in wetsuit (the suit we recommend) and drysuit all dependant on your interest.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 14 years|
What is included
- All necessary gear for snorkeling
- English speaking guide
- FREE photos
- Hot chocolate
- Please dress according to weather, no jeans or high heals
- We will provide you with all necessary gear required for snorkeling. You will however have to bring:
- Towel and swimwear if you are wearing a wetsuit
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling, extra pair of woolen socks
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit eg. long warm underwear, fleece, sweat suit and warm socks
- Lunch or Snack - optional
- Waterproof camera
- You can rent a GoPro camera from us for 6900 ISK
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 14 years of age
- Not be pregnant
- Not wear glasses, so if you have a prescription mask, please bring it with you. If not, we advise you to get contact lenses before you join us for snorkeling.